Tuesday

Building Memories



 In northern Ontario about  a 4 hour drive from Ottawa there is a small town by the name of Astorville.  This small town is where I grew up and hold many great memories. A lot of those memories are held in the community center which is the hub for hockey, dances and many celebrations. The community center is extra special to me as my father managed the center for 25 years of his life.  I spent many hours there as a rink rat , running around, playing and of course skating.  To honour my dad they recently named the hall the Renee Boudreau Hall which I am very proud of. This weekend was the carnival and we were there creating more memories in a small community where everybody knows everybody.


It wouldn't be the carnival without "le Bonhomme Carnaval"  Throughout the weekend he walks around shaking hands, taking photos and people guess his identity to be revealed on the final hour of the weekend.

 The funnest part of the whole thing is the family hockey tournament.  This year we had two Boudreau teams.  It's always great fun sitting at the edge of our seats cheering our family members on.  I have to tell you there is great hockey played and I am so proud of my lineage and family. On my dad's side I have 9 aunts and uncles, 40 cousins and I don't even know how many 2nd and 3rd cousins after a while it gets confusing!  This year we finished as the champions for 2011!  Yeah!  Boudreaus!

Owen's favorite part was the outdoor activities where he participated in the water boiling contest. He got to make his own fire and was the first to make his water boil!


I leave tomorrow for Thailand.  I will keep posting my stories here. Stay tuned and many blessings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a great story about your family, Annie! I'm sure tomorrow will be full of mixed emotions as you leave. You are courageous!
Have a wonderful first travel day- I look forward to reading about your adventures, Best Wishes, Fiona

Unknown said...

That was actually me, Annie- my oldest son was logged into the computer! lol! Happy travels! Fiona