Saturday

I waited for the phone call from my sister saying that her contractions had started. I was her doula and waited for the phone to ring with great excitement.  The phone call arrived on July 26th, Avery's due date. About 10 blocks separates my house from my sister's and I raced over.  When I arrived contractions were indeed being felt with not much rest in between. This little girl was coming and coming quick.  The midwife came and we drove through 5 o'clock traffic with ease and grace.  Although I did wonder what the other people in cars were thinking when they saw my sister draped over the back van seat, head hanging down, on all fours as I pushed into her back to alleviate the pain.

We arrived at the hospital humming through each contraction.  When Derek, Mad's (sister) husband arrived on the ward bearing bags the nurses said: "If you are looking for the humming ladies they are down there."  I had a real big belly laugh when I heard that...hehehe...still laughing.



It all went amazingly well with baby Avery born at 07:30 that night, mom did it all naturally.  She was strong. I could feel her strength and courage.  I marveled at the journey little Avery did coming down the birthing canal. It really is a miracle from conception to birth.


Welcome to this spinning planet little Avery.  I love you!



No comments: