Monday

New Woman, New Me

 Wow, aren't we lucky to live through all the expressions of mother nature? We are graced with the beauty of fall colours and the descent of big, puffy. winter snow flakes  and when King Winter retired for the season, we get to live through the birthing of seeds into plants.   I, for one love spring and the green sprigs that seem to grow over night.  The insects and the buzz of life that comes forth and the aliveness that springs forward and awakens me. I feel like a new woman with a new lease on life.

This weekend my legs walked through the forest and and my chin was held high in greetings to the sun.  Jay and I welcomed friends to our camp fire, with food in our bellies and hugs of appreciation for our community. We swam in the cold lake and relished the coolness against our warm skin.  We gazed at the stars, twinkling through the night. They are always there, but how easily we forget.  They are magic in their way of reminding us how small we are and how big the universe is.   

We also worked on the white house which is coming along most wonderfully.   All I can feel for  mother nature, my community, and my life is gratitude and a joy for life.  Everyday I must look around, and soak in the world that surrounds me.  Everyday is special as it will never come around again. Everyday I am a little older and little wiser and a little closer to whatever comes after this human experience.  This might sound morbid but alas it is a thought that comes to me as I continue into my 40's.  Everyday, every breath must be appreciated and felt in my entire being. 
I hope you are enjoying the sun rays.  Keep smiling :)

No comments: