Monday

There is something about walking through the woods that is grounding for me. There is peace to be found in the serenity of trees, the beauty of water, the sun shining, clouds roaming the sky...
Within this beauty there is a silence a powerful strong silence that says "I am here". It says that compared to all there is you are small and insignificant and within all of that I hear another voice that whispers; "yet as insignificant as you are, you are part of it all."

I felt this strength of the Great Mother as I hiked through the woods with my dear friend Jay. She (Earth Mother) touched, caressed and grounded me and reminded me of the need to keep grounded within myself. I found this grace as I often do while in nature.

We began our forest walk on a well trodden path which led us to a beautiful lake. Here we decided to go around the lake. In this decision we found ourselves bush whacking it, trail breaking around the body of water.
We were grateful to be wearing good rubber boots as they waded through cold water and climbed rocks. We felt joy as our feet connected to the ground that makes up this huge planet that we live on.

Every turn held a surprise, bright green moss, huge mushrooms, a beaver damn...

a reflection of God's gifts .

Busy beavers left signs of their work.

Mushrooms of different kinds adorned trees and sprouted through wet earth.

By the time we circled around the lake the sun was setting. We took a moment to
sit back and appreciate the sun set. I felt so blessed to be there in that
moment with the sun and it's display of colors, the cool air caressing my skin
and with a great companion.


The sun at our backs we began the long journey home. As our feet walked through rusty leaves the sky became silver with moon light. The full moon graced us with her presence and
lit our way home.




I am so affected by the cycles of year. In spring I feel like a new woman and so alive and marvel at new growth. Summer is the season where I swim, canoe, kayak and enjoy the warmth of the sun. As fall arrives I am ready for entering the dark months of reflection. As a Canadian I often complain of the cold months. I am making a promise to myself to no longer complain of mother nature's expressions. I vow to live in the moment with what is, to always stay in awe of the great landscape that I am presented with in any given moment.
In these moments I come to realize that I have all that I need, that nothing is more important than what I already have; my health, clothing, good food, a comfortable home and most importantly my family and great friends.
Blessings to you!


That night when we arrived home we ate by candle light :)

No comments: